How To Paint Ceramices Mugs, Step By Sep Guide!!!

I’m so excited to share this fun project today. I've painted these ceramic mugs with supplies from the new Martha Stewart Glass Paint line. I wont to be thrilled to possess the prospect to see to drive a variety of new products last month, which I had 1,000,000 ideas for projects. But once I opened the letter stencils and saw all the punctuation, I wont to be immediately inspired to make these sweet little emoticon coffee cups. Grab one, and let your coworkers or family know what quite a mood you're there within the morning.

Here you could also be a peek at a variety of the fun products within the road. The paints work on glass or ceramic,
and thus the accessories include a huge kind of stencils and silkscreen prints. Of course, everything is beautiful and gorgeous, like Amazon products!

Supplies you need for this project:

Ceramic Coffee Cups

Martha Stewart Crafts Glass Paint in Opaque Finish

Martha Stewart Crafts Adhesive Stencils

Martha Stewart Glass Paint Stenciling Tools

Soap and Water
Rubbing Alcohol

Step Number One: 

 Grab a glass or ceramic surface. I found these big mugs on clearance at Amazon. Wash them well with hot soapy water, then prep surface by cleaning with alcohol to make sure there aren't any residues from soap or stickers. this is often vital because the paint needs a clean surface to stay properly.

Step Number Two: 

 Organize the supplies. I used the letter stencils, the tiniest pouncer, and dauber within the tool kit, and thus the Glass paint in Glossy Opaque and Metallic Opaque.

Step  Number Three: 

 I placed the adhesive stencils on my clean dry cup. you merely need a little bit of paint, so I squeezed some out onto a plate. Initially, I used the froth pouncer shown within the image, on the opposite hand switched to the small dauber tool also included within the package. it is a firmer spongy texture that gave me better control on the small surface.

Step Number Four: 

devour a little amount of paint on the dauber and off-load the excess onto a towel. Carefully apply the paint with a light-weight tapping motion until the stencil is filled in.

Step Number Five: 

Carefully remove the stencil while the paint remains wet. Since I wont to be taking pictures as I worked and thus the paint dries so quickly, a slight bit of the sting of the nose lifted up. I touched it up with one of the very small paintbrushes within the Martha Stewart line. Wash the stencil while the paint remains wet and return it to the backing sheet.

Step Number Six: 

Now make as many emoticon friends as you want! The gold one is for the mornings you are feeling slightly sassy, and thus the red one is for those meh mornings before you've had your coffee.

Step Number Seven: 

Now allow the paint to cure by letting it air dry for 21 days, or, to cure quickly, bake the item in an oven. To cure in an oven, place the glass or ceramic item during a chilly oven, then set it to 350 degrees. Turn the oven off after half-hour and let the item cool within the oven. Wait 72 hours before using it. they're doing not recommend oven curing the glitter paints.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.